We create made-to-measure, bespoke, hand painted tile panels on an individual basis.
The practicality of tiles is widely known, but the added elegance, charm and originality that hand painted decoration brings to a room is unquestionable.
In the home ...
We paint tiles for every setting in the home: for the kitchen, the terrace, the garden, the bathroom, the stairway, the swimming pool, or the entryway.
The possibilities are endless. Think backsplashes, table tops, above the stove, stair risers, borders, shower panels, bench backs, and decorative murals.
In collaboration with you
We will work with you to achieve the ideal finish for your home. We also collaborate with designers and architects from all over the world.
We have created designs and painted azulejo murals for large scale projects including hotels, restaurants and retail spaces, as well as lots of domestic projects, both here in Portugal and internationally.
How to commission your tiles
Our tile panels are bespoke creations that we paint just for you. So, we thought it would be helpful to describe the typical process:
- Browse our gallery of previous projects and choose a theme you would like for your mural. From within our colour palette, consider which colours will work for your space.
- Carefully measure the space where you intend to place your panel, and then decide the size you want your panel to be.
- Contact us, or better yet visit us, to discuss your panel. We will help to develop the concept.
- If you would like to get a sense of how the mural will look when it is finished, we are happy to paint a simple watercolour sketch.
- We require a 50% deposit before we start a project.
- We will be able to give you a estimated time to completion, which will vary depending on our wait list but 4-6 week window is typical.
- When everything is ready, you will need an expert tiler or builder to fix your panel in its final location.
Azulejos, a Portuguese tradition
Tile murals, or azulejos, are an important part Portugal’s ceramic tradition. Churches and palaces from the golden age of the 17th and 18th centuries are adorned with this highly esteemed form of decoration.
Our Porches Pottery style, with its blend of historical and classical influences, is perfect for this decorative art and we are proud to continue this legacy in the 21st century.